Thursday, June 10, 2004

More computers

Well, I am now blogging from the new PC I am building for my landlady. As this one has been built from new parts rather than recycled ones, it is rather more up to date than the PC I recently built for myself. This one has an Athlon XP 3000+, 160GB hard drive, 512 MB of RAM, DVD+/-RW, ATI Radeon 9200 128MB graphics, on board sound (but 5.1 sound with digital outs if needed), a nice set of 2.1 speakers, 802.11b wireless (for freeloading off my internet connection), a much cooler case than mine, and a few other things that I am not remembering right now. Unlike the computer I recently built for myself, this one has more legacy stuff like a floppy and a modem. This makes sense. If I need things like this, I can rush out and install them myself, but less technical people can't always do so. (Actually if I ever need a floppy, I have a USB floppy in the bottom of a box somewhere).

The computer is more or less assembled, although it is still sitting on top of my bed with its case open. Various things like case fans and internal lights need to be installed, but the hard work is done.

No comments:

Blog Archive