Tuesday, March 16, 2004

At times I don't feel especially safe in this world any more

Spanish police now claim to have the names of the bombers who violated Madrid last week - they are all Moroccans. An Algerian has also been detained in Donostia/San Sebastian in the Basque country in connection with the bombings. I don't know what he was doing there - I think that I would prefer it if there was not an ETA connection, however contemptible ETA are. Yes, as has been becoming more and more obvious for the last three or four days, it was an attack from Al Qaeda or someone connected with them. One wonders where the next terrorist attack will be. I doubt London is especially safe, but on the other hand it's an election year in Australia, and Australia could well be a target too. (On the other hand, it lacks the same "The Andalusian catastrophe must not be repeated" rant quality of Spain).

No comments:

Blog Archive