Thursday, October 30, 2003

I am now in Australia

My laptop is not in a very good way. For the first year or so of its existence, I lugged it around with me all over the place, and it got a little bit of wear and tear as a consequence of this. In fact, it eventually received a lot of wear and tear, so for the last nine months or so I have been using it simply as a desktop PC. It is now too fragile for carrying around. However, on this trip to Australia I really needed to bring it with me. Therefore I packed it very carefully amongst some of my soft clothes. I also packed a toolkit and a soldering iron just in case there was trouble. I then came to the conclusion that the fact that I am unwilling to travel with my laptop unless I have a soldering iron with me is really an indication that I need a new laptop.

The laptop is working okay, however. It didn't suffer any damage when in transit.

No comments:

Blog Archive