Monday, October 06, 2003

Groping for recognition

It is Tuesday morning here in London, although not yet in the US. Just think. Today may well go down in infamy (or at least go down in something) as the day that Arnold Schwarzenegger was elected governor of California, which I will say is not a development I was expecting at the start of the year. (We all knew he had ambitions in that direction, but I wasn't expecting him to get anywhere near achieving them).

Update: Yes, Schwarzenegger did indeed get elected. The main is clearly very smart and very capable, but an inexperienced politician, and not an especially nice man. My compliments to Mickey Kaus at Slate for the way he covered the recall election, too. He really did a great job. (I think reading his stuff pretty much conclusively proves both the things I said about Schwarzenegger, too)

No comments:

Blog Archive