Sunday, October 06, 2002

An odd thought

I went to a fifteen year reunion a couple of years ago at the high school I attended in Australia. I had spent most of the preceding ten years outside Australia, and I was consequently a little hard to contact. However, I heard about the event from a friend and showed up unannounced on the evening. One of the organisers told me that they were pleased I had come, and named one other person who they had also been unable to contact.

What is interesting is that the other "difficult to contact" person and I are the only two members of the class who appear first in a Google search for our names. So much for being difficult to contact. (Also, we were both widely assumed to be gay by our classmates, simply because we weren't the greatest conformists in the school. Neither of us actually are).

No comments:

Blog Archive